Child & teenagers counselling
We help you deal with your children's issues
Children deal with a lot as they grow up and there is so much change going on around them.
Sometimes it is hard to talk through these issues with your child especially if you are unsure on how to approach it or concerned of the impact.
Sometimes its hard to know what to say but it often makes it worse if we choose not to talk at all.
Safe Place Therapy is here to help your child express their thoughts and feelings and cope better with the change or issues they are facing. We can also support you in how to set up conversations and talk through difficult topics.
Here are some of the issues we regularly come across:
Issues at school
- Issues with socializing with other kids
- Bullying or isolation on the playground
- Concentration or focus stopping your child learning effectively
- Other learning difficulties
- Behaviours in the classroom that don’t happen at home.
- Study pressure and anxiety
Problems at home
- Withdrawing from the family
- Fights with siblings
- Fights and refusing to follow instructions from Mum/Dad/Others
- Relationship changes in the family (separation, new baby, other dynamic changes)
- Family violence, trauma
Mental Health and Physical Health
- Anxiety and/or depression
- Difficulty with concentration,insight, attention span
- Lack of motivation effecting ability to get out of bed
- Self esteem, confidence
- Physical illness or disability that effects functioning
Teenage year's issues
- School refusal, skipping school
- Behaviours at school
- Cyber bullying, peer pressure
- Sexuality or gender question
If any or a combination of the above issues are happening to your kids, our service is here to help. We are happy to have a conversation over the phone or to speak with you on a first appointment time.
Making your online booking is easy.
Just click the button below:
FEES: Individual Telehealth Counselling (Skype/Zoom, phone or in person) $130.
Bulk billing may be available upon request
Get the mental support you need and reach out today!
Outside of Safe Place Therapy, Mary also works in a counselling capacity with adolescents experiencing a number of issues including mental health concerns, family conflict, relationship difficulties and stressful life events.
Mary acknowledges that adolescence can be a challenging time and approaches each individual with openness and kindness.
Mary draws upon a number of therapeutic modalities and is flexible in her approach, ensuring that it is right for each person.