What is hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a natural and normal state of the mind in which the body experiences a state of deep physical relaxation while the mind remains clear, alert, and focused. In this altered state of awareness, the subconscious mind becomes open and suggestible.
A person naturally enters this state many times during a normal day – just most of us are not aware that it is happening. How many times have you been thinking about something while driving your car and suddenly realized that your exit was 3 miles back? Most of us go to the movies and get so caught up in the drama of the story we forget that we are only watching a movie. Most of us daydream from time to time. All of these are examples of a natural state of hypnosis.
What can hypnosis use for?
Can hypnosis really help me?
Yes, definitely! Hypnosis can be used to make positive changes in your life. Some examples are: stop smoking, lose weight, improve self-esteem and confidence, improve public speaking skills, and memory retention. Practically, any bad or destructive habits or behaviours can be significantly reduced, and in some cases, removed via hypnosis. It can help ease fears and phobias, improve relationships, communication and the list goes on and on.
Can everyone be hypnotised?
What is the fee for a hypnotherapy session?
General issue: $130/session
Stop smoking or weight loss: $200/session
What are some of the issues that clinical hypnotherapy can help me with?
- Reduce or remove unwanted habits or negative thoughts
- Self-esteem, self-confidence, compulsive behaviours
- Perfectionism, procrastination, lack of motivation, laziness
- Binge eating, nail-biting, bed wetting
Emotional distress due to
- Anxiety, depression, stress, mood swing
- trauma and abuse
- grief and loss
- adaptation and integration
- Unknown fear, phobias, panic attacks, PTSD, OCD
Lifestyle or health issues related to:
- Addiction (e.g. gambling, drugs and alcohol, sex, pornography, gaming)
- Unhealthy eating habits (e.g. sugar craving, binge eating, junk food)
- enhance recovery from an accident or medical surgery
- body pain (e.g. back pain, migraine, shoulder pain etc.)
- general injuries and recovery
- Sexual difficulty and/or dysfunction
- Enhance your memory and learning
- Fear of public speaking
- Interpersonal communication
- Body and muscles relaxation
- Enhance the mind, body, and spiritual connection
Registered Counsellor | Social Worker | Clinical Hypnotherapist
Coby is an openly gay therapist, and he is exceptionally passionate in mental health practice.
He has extensive experience working with LGBTIQA+ clients from various backgrounds and cultures, helping individuals and families to identify their inner strengths, maximising their potentials and abilities to strive for success throughout their life journey.
Coby is down to earth, honest, reliable, and practical in his approach to counselling and contemporary psychotherapy.
He communicates fluently in several languages including English, Mandarin, Malay, Cantonese, Hakka, and Bahasa Indonesia.